RE: Midget Radio Installation

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Midget Radio Installation
From: TheSkinny@aol.com
Date: Sun, 18 Aug 1996 02:37:00 -0400

<Jermey & Steven,
<
<My son and I restored his '76 Midget two years ago. We reworked the metal
<console so that the radio is now on the angled surface where the original
<speaker location is. It worked really well. No shifter interference! What
was
<British Leyland thinking about when they did this?

I put mine in the same place, although I had to put spacers behind the
console because my new radio was to deep to fit.  I am thinking about making
a narrower console, however, to allow more knee room.  BTW, I made a
subwoofer box behind the seats with plywood.   basically continued the
vertical surface parallel to the seat  back for 4", then made a flat shelf
between the wheel wells.  Mounted a dual coil 8" radio shack subwoofer in the
box.  Works well, top still folds down.  Used Radio Shack bookshelf 2 way
speakers mounted on brackets to the left and right of the subwoofer.  Very
Happy with how it sounds.

David Riker
69 Midget