Re: 65/66 B's

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: 65/66 B's
From: thorpe@kegs.saic.com (Denise Thorpe)
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 96 10:33:50 PDT
TJ Noto asked:

> Does anyone have any definitive information or thoughts on this
> subject?  I'd like to get the car registered as a 65 because it would
> eliminate the need to have it smogged every year. While the car
> is stock and always makes it through after I've tweaked it a little,
> it's a hassle and an extra cost I'd rather not deal with.

This is not definitive, but I had to smog my '65 MG 1100 back when I kept
it registered in San Diego.  Supposedly, it's _pre_ '65 cars that don't
need to be smogged.  However, a lot of people believe as you do about this,
so maybe that obviously well trained DMV employee I talked to was mistaken.
Remember, the DMV is one of those state agencies that's required to hire
welfare mothers.  A friend once said, "If you don't get the answer you
want at the DMV, keep asking until you do."

Denise Thorpe
thorpe@kegs.saic.com