Re: 65/66 B's

To: Douglas Gaither <gaither@cybergate.com>
Subject: Re: 65/66 B's
From: Marc Steinberg <marc@crl.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 1996 08:28:45 -0700 (PDT)
I can speak from experience when I say that this does in fact work --
although I've never had a reason to try it.  When I first bought my MG, I
was a legal resident of Missouri and an itinerant in Georgia (which, like
VT, does not title older cars (> 10 years) ).  I bought the car in
Georgia _without_ title, registered it in Missouri using only the bill of
sale plus a brief letter from the GA DMV explaining this odd situation to
the MO DMV, and received -- presto! -- a Missouri title.

I recently decided to settle in Georgia permanently & transferred my
cars.  When I registered the MG, I received -- again! -- no title, just
the registration receipt.

This is all academic for me:
neither state smogs cars older than 1980 or so -- hell, in Georgia you
don't even need an inspection!  If it's more than ten years old, you can
register _anything_ -- Cuisinart, bathtub with wheels and an outboard
motor, you name it...

-- Marc