Dash Pot Oil/Marvel Mystry Oil

To: mgs@autox.team.net, healeys@autox.team.net, british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Dash Pot Oil/Marvel Mystry Oil
From: jpquinn@cyberramp.net (John P. Quinn)
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 1996 12:11:39 -0500
When I put out a post on Damper (Shock) Oil, I wasn't very clear and folks
were responding about dash pot oil and the wt and such.  (The general
suggestion was use a good Motorcycle fork oil)

Well, this got me to thinking, what about using Marvel Mystry Oil?  Ya know,
that red stuff in a red can.

This is supposed to be a good top cylider lubricate among other things.
I've always used the same oil I put in the crancase which is Catrol 20-50W
in the dash pots.

I thought this would be a good way to oil the carbs and get some top cyl
lube in at the same time.

Any comments or suggestions on this idea?

Jay Quinn    -     '62 Austin-Healey MKII Sprite
jpquinn@cyberramp.net
www.cyberramp.net/~jpquinn
PGP Encryption Key Upon Request