Re: A little radiator lead - what to do?

To: Frank Sperling <sperling@hooked.net>
Subject: Re: A little radiator lead - what to do?
From: Rick Hoefle <NamasteRH@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 1996 23:56:24 -0500
Frank Sperling wrote:

> I've discovered a little leak in my radiator and am not sure what
> lengths to go to to repair it.
>
> My '79 B is squirting a little water/steam out of a (smaller than a)
> pin hole near the top of the radiator.
>
> My question is...does this require a radiator overhaul or will some of
> that gooey goopy stuff you add to your radiator fluid to repair small
> holes do the trick?
> Frank Sperling
> 79B "Mugs"

Frank:
I have to agree with the postings of others on the list (i.e., do not
try this at home...with your car).  I have tried the rat-sh*t/molasses
stuff and, although it does say on the container that it acts as a water
pump lubricant, and it DOES plug your small holes, I found that the
solution is temporary.  It is good stuff in a pinch (financial or
temporal) but the permanent solution is found at the radiator shop.

Best of luck.
--

Rick Hoefle 1964 Tiger B9470508 - HIS
            1969 MGC            - HERS