Re: A little radiator lead - what to do?

To: amace@unix2.nysed.gov, jpquinn@cyberramp.net
Subject: Re: A little radiator lead - what to do?
From: Tomdamit@aol.com
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 1996 21:42:34 -0500
Yeah- I would avoid this at all costs.  But do as I say, not as I do!!!
 While in Monterey at the Historics this past August, I noticed seepage out
of the top radiator neck (the inlet) and did not have time or trust to have
it properly repaired so added Bar's Leaks to stop the leak, which it did.
  When I got back home, some 400 miles, I flushed the system, pulled the
radiator and took it over to a shop I have dealt with in the past.  They
rodded it out and completely re-soldered it for about $100.  I replaced the
summer thermostat with winter last weekend and found the summer thermostat to
be gummed with "residue of Bar's Leaks"!  Washed off easily enough but you
sure can't get it out of the coolant passages!  I can imagine that  if not
flushed out soon enough, it would REALLY make a gooey mess in the water
jacket over time.