Re: Is a Triumph the answer?

To: "MR JOHN P ELWOOD" <WJAD81D@prodigy.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Is a Triumph the answer?
From: "Kai Radicke" <mowogmg@dynanet.com>
Date: Sun, 3 Nov 1996 08:17:06 -0500
John:

Something sticks in my head that the TR7s aren't so great, and that if you
like the style of the body it is better to get a TR8 or a TR7 with the
Rover V8 (a TR8 is a TR7 with a Rover V8).  This summer when I was at work
we had a guy call and ask if we (British Miles) could do a full restoration
on his TR7, we refused to do any engine work on it, and my boss told him
to sell the car before he got into something that he didn't know about, it
was
his first restoration, and he had never worked on cars before.

I want a TR6 or a TR4A (had one, had to get rid of it).

I just got my first MG this year it is a 66 MGB, and I  paid for it with
money from my newspaper route and summer job (4.50 an hour, I think
it is 4.75 now).  My parents didn't want me to have it because I am 14,
but they gave in.  We had a 67 TR4A (Mom wanted it, Dad didn't) for about
5 days before Dad yelled at me and I had to sell it.  My dad isn't a car
guy.

I will email you if I find any articles on why the TR7 is so bad.

Kai "TRiumphless" Radicke -- mowogmg@dynanet.com
1966 MGB -- http://www.dynanet.com/~mowogmg