Re:MG reliability

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re:MG reliability
From: The Richards <smrm@coastalnet.com>
Date: Tue, 05 Nov 1996 20:36:14 -0500
All things are relative. In my experience, MGs are about as reliable as any
other car of their respective ages. They are much easier to work on than
many other cars. As for their use as daily drivers, sure. As an only car?
Well, that depends again on the alternative. You can probably get more
reliable cars, Sentras etc... newer cars for the money. But, the Sentra for
instance, my wife had one some years ago. The distributor went bad. $400us,
wow. You can by a really, really nice MG distributor for that!

If all you want is to get from point A to B, look elsewhere. If you want to
get there and have fun too, then buy a well sorted MG and enjoy!

Michael, New Bern, NC