Spax tube shock conversion

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Spax tube shock conversion
From: Jurgen Hartwig <gt0003a@prism.gatech.edu>
Date: Fri, 08 Nov 1996 20:32:51 -0600
Ohhh, I'm so excited since my shocks just got here today.  I can't wait
to put them on my B.  I'm replacing the rear shocks and leaf springs on
my '70 MG tomorrow.  Does anyone have any hints for me?  I just have a
general idea of how to do it.  I just figure I need to jack the rear end
up and start unbolting everything(after the car is supported very well
of course).  Has anyone done this work before?  If so, how did you
approach it?

Also, if there is any interest, I'd be happy to report on how my car
handles after the conversion.  Is it really worth it?  I hope.  I don't
know if my opinions should have much weigth, since my leaf springs are
shot to the point that they no longer are elliptical(in fact they bow
down instead of up).  And my right rear shock is leaking.  It corners
like a beast though, since it's so low to the ground.

I could compare my '70s ride compared to my '78 B, but that wouldn't do
be any justice.  The older car is light years ahead of the newer one.
Damn those Brits.  They ruined a perfectly good car when they decided to
put rumber baby bumpers on those cars.

I'll keep you guys updated.
Later
Jay