Re: Real MGs

To: mowogmg@dynanet.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Real MGs
From: TATERRY@aol.com
Date: Sat, 9 Nov 1996 23:21:19 -0500

<<  So, lets leave the MGFs and the RV8s for the little kids. >>

Well said Kai......they will be left for the little British kids!

Now this will seem like a contradiction (I didn't say I didn't like the MGF,
just that it has no lineage to M.G.) , if what a previous poster said is
true, i.e. the MGF was designed to meet USA standards, why then could not a
private individual import one for his private use??  No one has suggested
this to my knowledge.  That is how the very first M.G.'s got into the
country.....in fact I think that it was the Ford family that imported a new M
type in about 1931.  I know they got the last B off the production line....or
was that the last B exported to the USA?

Some one asked about my comment that Rover is hassleing the keepers of the
flame....all those small business men that have help us keep our cars on the
road, restoring them or supplying parts, have been getting letters from Rover
lawyers telling them to cease and desist using the Octagon and the letters MG
inside.  Those that belong to the NE MG T Register will note that Mr. Knudsen
has deleted all Octagons on business cards of the advertisers.  I am not sure
where this leaves NEMGTR in using the same logo......I guess Rover will next
come after those you that have an ASCI octagon in your email signature!
Cheers,
Terry