Re: MG life in Alaska

To: DamitDick@gnn.com (Damit Dick), BarneyMG@aol.com
Subject: Re: MG life in Alaska
From: bleckstein@monmouth.com
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 1996 18:14:13 -0500 (EST)

>I too, wonder what a future MG Odyssey might be like. And I have
>never been to Fairbanks either. Perhaps we can generate enough
>interest to make it a group odyssey!
>
>I envision something along the lines of proceeding individually to a
>rendezvous at the southern end of the Al-Can Highway. Proceeding as
>a group to Anchorage and a gettogether with The Antique Auto Mushers
>of Alaska and ArticMG. After our tour is over, load the MG's on the
>boat and return to Vancouver B.C. or Seattle via the inland passage!
>
>How about it? any adverturers out there?
>
>Dick :

Dick, its all in the organization. The New England T Register has run ambitious
trips since 1986 (Ocean To Ocean TTT ) 7500 miles, 19 days, 50 pre 56 MGs.

Although I have done the Ocean to Ocean, Trip around England (COB) 3000 miles
,23 days, I missed the Register's Alaska trip, in 1988. I believe twenty some
odd cars (pre 56 MGs) took six weeks from the East Coast U.S. to the Artic
Circle. I don't know the total milage but it can be done with dedicated
organization. Go for it/

Mike Leckstein