Re: Almost Ready to Paint

To: W Warren Pruitt Jr <wpruitt@Charleston.Net>
Subject: Re: Almost Ready to Paint
From: Wayne Kube <wkube@iadfw.net>
Date: Sat, 16 Nov 1996 07:37:42 -0600
W Warren Pruitt Jr wrote:

> The fellow who will paint it is a real craftsman, and thinks that some
> pearl should be added to give some depth, that the non-metallic paint is
> too flat. Any thoughts to adding pearl to paint? Is this sacrilegious?

Greetings -
        It's your car - fix it up the way it would make you happy.  Unless you
plan on showing it in shows where originallity counts, it really doesn't
matter.  My 79B was originally Brooklands Green - too light and too
yellow for my taste.  I repainted it Dark BRG Metallic - in certain
lighting conditions, it looks almost black.  Hey, the color was for me!
Well, I took it to the Fall Texas GOF last month in College Station.
Took first place in its class.  Others must have liked the color also,
and not worried much about the metallic addition.  So, not much is
sacrilegious.
        Good luck - hope to see some pictures when it's finished.

Wayne Kube
'79B
Plano, TX