Re: We've run off AOLer's. Whose next?

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: We've run off AOLer's. Whose next?
From: CindyJ@aol.com
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 1996 18:42:14 -0500
Well, the Boston Computer Society is still out of business, my
user-friendliest e-mail account is gone and my primary ISP is intended for
"professional use only" which  means "no lbc content",  so I'm subscribing
from AOL for now.  The digest is OK for me.  I can download and read it off
line.  Never had problems converting or translating the text. I often read it
on someone else's computer, and have no trouble converting the text using his
software either.  It looks fine.  I don't use AOL's browser.  Oh, and btw, I
find Pine awkward and tedious.   Run off? Naah!  I can ignore the insults and
generalizations directed to AOL users.  I know how intelligent I am, and can
make some guesses about the intellectual levels of some of those who have
been hurling insults.  My issue is not with anyone's choice of provider, but
with the tone and language on this list recently.   ("Do your homework and
then shut up";   "Here, listen up, I will type this real, real slow";  "get
it thru (sic)  your damn heads").  I didn't mind the "ph" word (it was not
meant to insult), but have a problem with some of the anatomical references
and mean-spirited, snide or demeaning remarks that are showing up now just
about every day.   What's up with that, anyway?  I don't think it was like
this when I first subscribed - was it?  Isn't this intended to be a form of
"support group" for lbc owners of all levels of expertise?  I'm curious.  Is
this attitude acceptable to everyone but me? As for me, I can agree with you,
Bob:  "This is getting real boring...."

Cindy

77 B Roadster (mine, all mine)
91 Prelude

"In the beginning, the universe was created.  This annoyed many people and
was widely regarded as a bad move." --- Douglas Adams