Re: MG vs. Triumph

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: MG vs. Triumph
From: "Michael P. Ohleger" <mikeoh@bellatlantic.net>
Date: Wed, 01 Jan 1997 22:08:20 -0500
David Deutsch wrote:

> This is a non issue. As I've said before the only thing Triumphs are
> good for is to come to All British Show and make our MG look so much
> nicer. To try some kind of comparison is rediculous. There is no
> contest MGs and MG people are the absolute best, most passionate auto
> enthusiasts on earth. We constitute a microcosism of the ideal
> community. If the whole world could work together as well as MG owners
> do we would live in a Utopia. Sounds wonderful, but just as you close
> your eyes to imagine, along comes a Triumph and reality kicks back in.
> As for you people of duel ownership, triumph/MG, there are some doctors
> with real comfy couches that can help you with this identity crisis. ;)
> :-) Having some fun now, Safety Fast, David Deutsch

I agree with David, this is a non-issue (leave it to adolescence to attempt
controversy), but I also think that Triumph people do have their heads in the
clouds (as
well as places that the sun don't shine).  Case in point: TRF's Christmas
catalogue.
Where was the MG stuff??!?  Charles Runyon owns a parking lot full of TRs, do
you think
he has an attitude? Or maybe he was overstocked with a lot of TR parts that he
needed to
unload.

Triumphs or MGs, you gotta love the lbc's.  I still think the MG people are a
friendlier
lot.

Cheers, :->

Michael Ohleger