Re: MG vs. Triumph

To: pokrefke@ocean.st.usm.edu
Subject: Re: MG vs. Triumph
From: larryhoy@juno.com (Larry A Hoy)
Date: Fri, 03 Jan 1997 00:01:21 EST
I was going to stay out of this, but I just can't.

Let's see, it was the fall of 1968.  I was a freshman at California State
University, Fullerton.  I didn't live on campus so I depended on my 1958
TR-3 to get me there.  It was apparent after about two months that if I
was ever going to get a degree the Triumph was going to have to go.  I
know what some of you are thinking, that little roadster was such a babe
magnet I had to spend all of my study time fighting them off ....  wrong
Triumph lover.

The truth is that I could never make it to school, spent most of my time
and money fixing the car.  At  that time the car was only 10 years old, I
was the second owner and I knew the first owner personally.  It should
have been able to make the 10 mile commute  to school.

Well I sold that car and bought a new G*rman car.  Four years later I had
a bachelors degree.  Good thing I sold that Triumph.

Larry
1969 MGB
1987 Jaguar (now that's another story)