RE: Mga Wheel (steering that is)

To: mgs <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: Mga Wheel (steering that is)
From: Eric Houkal <erictw@mcs.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 1997 08:33:59 -0600

----------
From:   tallen[SMTP:tallen@csc.sctboces.org]
Sent:   Sunday, January 19, 1997 5:27 PM
To:     mgs
Subject:        Mga Wheel (steering that is)

I noticed Moss has their repro MGA steering wheel on sale right now.  =
Does
anyone on the list (Barney, Kevin?) have any experience with these or
other wheels?  Mine is original and pretty well shot.  1/4" cracks all =
the
way around, center MG piece glued in place with the wheel at about 80
degrees.  I figure I'll have to cut the center trim piece to get at it =
and
staighten it, so why not replace it.  Do I need a wheel this large?  =
Would
a stronger wheel be better?  Keep in mind that I still have not driven =
my
car, and haven't even seen it for 3 mos, as it is permanently locked in =
my
garage (a sad story I can't bear to repeat).  Also, anybody know how to
get into a garage with an electric door opener and no electricity? ;-)

TIA

Tom  1960 MGA 1600

ps  Moss also has on sale the SU tool kit, a carb synchronizer thingie,
and the colortune.  For a guy who can't spell SU, let alone work on one,
but is willing to learn, which (if any) of these items would be good to
have?

In case anyone is interested, there is a person offereing Nardi =
replacement steering wheels at really good prices in various newsgroups. =
When I say really good prices I mean less than 50% of list.  You will =
have to find the hub for yourself, but if you were paying attention, the =
distributor in the U.S. was just posted in response to my request. =
Anyway, if you are interested, the address is
  nemo@total.net
seems like a very good deal to me.
Eric