Re: Mga Wheel (steering that is)

To: tallen <tallen@csc.sctboces.org>
Subject: Re: Mga Wheel (steering that is)
From: Engelhardt <engel@metro.net>
Date: Sun, 19 Jan 1997 23:47:03 -0800
tallen wrote:

> I noticed Moss has their repro MGA steering wheel on sale right now.  Does
> anyone on the list (Barney, Kevin?) have any experience with these or
> other wheels?  Mine is original and pretty well shot.  1/4" cracks all the
> way around, center MG piece glued in place with the wheel at about 80
> degrees.  I figure I'll have to cut the center trim piece to get at it and
> staighten it, so why not replace it.  Do I need a wheel this large?  Would
> a stronger wheel be better?  Keep in mind that I still have not driven my
> car, and haven't even seen it for 3 mos, as it is permanently locked in my
> garage (a sad story I can't bear to repeat).  Also, anybody know how to
> get into a garage with an electric door opener and no electricity? ;-)

Can't help you with the wheel, mine is not in great shape either and
I've been thinking of replacing it while they're on sale. The garage
door should have a lock in the center with a cord (on the inside)
attached to a release on the opener's mechanism. If you unlock the lock
and pull on the cord, you should be able to manually lift the door. If
the door doesn't have this lock and you can't get power to the opener
then it's probably time for an axe! <grin>

Ron
58 MGA