Re: Is it the beginning of the end of the road?

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Is it the beginning of the end of the road?
From: Cancola@aol.com
Date: Sat, 25 Jan 1997 19:18:26 -0500 (EST)
In a message dated 97-01-24 23:11:03 EST,Dave Littlefield rerplies to David
D,

<< I think
 several factors are really going to prevent the B's (which I assume is
 the model you are referring to)  from becoming a highly desirable
 collector car, at least in the next decade: >>

       It seems this is where this thread of David D's got sidetracked,
because then someone replied to Dave Littlefield flaming him for expecting a
return on his investment.
        I think David D. was bemoaning the fact that there doesn't seem to be
enough interest in LBC's by todays average Joe and Jill to find good homes
for all the B's out there for sale.  What will happen when the current owners
of these "For Sale" autos find no buyers?  Will they sit out next to the barn
and be overcome by weeds?  Will they be sold as scrap?  Or sold to some
indifferent schmoe who will degrade the poor beast by applying wire wheel
covers?
          Also I think he sees no future generation to carry on the torch of
LBCdom, much like the current downward trend in the Ford model T's and A's.
 The people who grew up with the old Fords and held them in high esteem are
gettin' on in years and are falling by the wayside.  If this is the analogy
for LBCs then we have at least another 30 years or so before the current
owners are buried in their cars.  Probably with the top down.......
           So in conclusion, I think David is sending out the message for
each of us to buy every homeless LBC we can get our hands on.  I am thinking
about a roadster.........
                                Bill in Colorado
                                 73 BGT