Re: mental troubleshooting challenge--Up for it??

To: miker15@juno.com
Subject: Re: mental troubleshooting challenge--Up for it??
From: TRIFARI@aol.com
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 1997 14:59:27 -0500 (EST)

<< rites:
 >Here's a little challenge for anybody who thinks they can get
 >the better of Lucas. I had a fault on my '72 B, and checked
 >about a dozen things before finally realizing that the symptoms
 >alone determined the fault down to the exact wire. See if you
 >can figure it out. You shouldn't need anything but a wiring
 >diagram. Here are the symptoms:
 >
 >1) Right turn signals don't work (front or back), and indicator
 >on dashboard lights up solid when you try to signal for a right turn.
 >
 >2) Left-turn blinkers work perfectly, and so does the left-turn dash
 >indicator.

check this out:  since both the right hand lights don't work I suspect that
the wires feeding the lights are reversed either at a connector(ion)  before
the switch.  Green wire is power in and should be the attached to the center
pole of the switch; green with yellow goes to the right hand lites; green
with blue to the left.  I suspect you have the green with yellow feeding into
the power terminal and the green feeding the right hand side.  With power to
the green with yellow, you get lights when you put on the left-hand
directionals.  When you turn on the right hand directionals, you're
comnecting power to a wire (green) that does not go to the lights.  John
Trifari  1955 Healey BN1/1980 MGB