Re: MG Magnettes and others

To: "W. R. Gibbons" <gibbons@northpole.med.uvm.edu>
Subject: Re: MG Magnettes and others
From: mmcewen@gpu.srv.ualberta.ca (John McEwen)
Date: Sat, 8 Feb 1997 12:29:12 -0500
Hi Ray:

The Magnette is diminutization of the Magna which was a sporting sedan
produced by MG in the thirties.  The original car - the F1 Magna - was
introduced in 1931 followed by the F2, F3, L1 and L2 and discontinued in
1934/35.  The Magnette was co-produced from 1932 on in various iterations
ranging from K1 to KN then becoming NA and NE.  All of these cars used six
cylinder OHC engines.  The Magna (Latin for great) F series used a 1272cc
engine which produced 37 HP.  The L used the 1087 cc engine which went into
the Magnette.  The K3 Magnette was supercharged producing 120 HP where the
original Magnette engine made up to 49.

This is only a brief summary.  Hope it is useful.  I have more complete
engine specs if anyone wants them.

John McEwen