Confession

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Confession
From: RJohn50603@aol.com
Date: Sat, 15 Feb 1997 09:29:05 -0500 (EST)
To all:

I read the post about the Mercedes chained between the two trees and it
reminded me of a true story.

I was in Italy in 1987 with five other fellows on an equipment buying
mission. We were staying in Florence (Firenze). One night we walked to dinner
at the Buca Mario. After a wonderful meal and a little Grappa afterward
(flash point like either) we were walking back to the Jolly Hotel. We were
discussing the tiny Fiats we had seen. I don't remember the model but, they
were smaller than a VW beatle. I was saying that all of us could probably
pick one up. At that moment I noticed one of them parked at the curb. I
looked around to see if anyone was watching and suggested that we try to lift
it. Well, we easily did and carried it up onto the side walk, placing it
between two poles that were just a couple of inches further apart than the
car was long.  We retreated to our hotel.

The next morning as we were leaving the hotel, we looked down the street and
there was a man standing next to the car, waving his arms around, yelling as
a policeman looked on. We didn't stop and left to do our business for the
day. Now I hadn't taken part, much less led such a prank in twenty years and
I've often felt bad for that dirty deed (and relieved that we weren't
caught).

Do we have any members of this net in Firenze? If so, my appologies to your
fine city and this man whoever and where ever he is. The only thing I can say
is that I did purchase about a million dollars of equipment as a result of
that visit and perhaps that gentleman was benefited somehow.

R. Johnson - (the ugly American) - Dallas

'90 Maine Coon
'79 Midget
'76 Midget
'73 MGB