RE: this french thing

To: <MGS%AUTOX.TEAM.NET@mvdns1.mv.Unisys.COM>
Subject: RE: this french thing
From: PHILIPPE TUSLER <TUSLER@mp050.mv.unisys.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 1997 14:17:37 -0800 (PST) (22:17 UT)
Interesting french cars : The Facel Vega, The Hispano Suiza, Delage,
Delahaye, the Citroen traction.
And as far as the French go, I am a spouse to one, and son to another!
...and if anyone is interested, my dad is selling a Citroen DS21 Pallas
1972 (?) with a perfect body (Calif. car all its life) and good mechanicals.
The leather is dry, but recoverable.  Interior is otherwise good. Low miles.
He is also selling a CX2000, 1978, with minimal rust (Acquired in its
previous life in France.) and good mechanicals.  The DS21 runs, the CX2000
ran when parked, I haven't checked it lately.
  I'd buy the DS21 if I had the garage space and the money...
  Requisite LBC content: I had removed a door panel from Tintin, and
accidently put a tear in it while lying around the garage (@#$%^&#$%^&).
I got one of those cheap vinyl repair kits ("Inventors vinyl repair").
Poked some cotton bedsheet inside, glued down the edges with super glue
(Cyanoacrylate) and weighted it down with a piece of plastic (Polypropylene)
and ten pounds of steel.  Then I used their black vinyl goop, texture
sheet, and little iron and voila!  It looks almost as good as new.  At
least from about three feet.   A lot cheaper than a new panel.  The texture
looked perfect.  There was a little indentation that may come out once
the plastic relaxes.

*Philippe Tusler - Mission Viejo, CA     | "MILOU"    '57 MGA Roadster *
*A-Mail:   <TUSLER@MP050>                | "TINTIN"   '66 MG/MGB-GT    *
*InterNet: TUSLER@MP050.MV.unisys.com    | "N/A"      '88 ISUZU Trooper*