Re:This French thing

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re:This French thing
From: David Knox <DKNOX@UGA.CC.UGA.EDU>
Date: Wed, 05 Mar 97 14:10:14 EST
Greetings fellow MG enthusiasts, I was  delightful to see that there are
many lovers  of LFC (little  French cars)  amongst the readership.  As a
current owner of an MGB and the  past owner of many Minis and 1100/1300,
I trust my standing in the LBC  community is not going to be compromised
by admitting that  I am a French  car fanatic. I agree with  some of the
prior posts:  some of  the current offerings  from Renault,  Citroen and
Peugeot are fabulous, but, sadly, we are not allowed to have them. It is
heartening to see  that unlike most owners groups the  members of the MG
list are  open to praise  and enjoyment of  all interesting cars.  I can
imagine  what would  happen  if I  mentioned  LBCs or  LFCs  on the  rx7
listserv: I would be  flamed for the next ten solar  years. My MG shares
its stable with my Renault Fuego Turbo,  a car which I dearly love. As a
bit  of shameless  advertising I  have a  site devoted  to the  Fuego at
http://iris.dissvcs.uga.edu/~archive/Fuego.html  .  I receive  loads  of
mail from folks all over the  world who appreciate this fine car. Again,
thanks for being such unabashed auto  enthusiasts. I will bet that there
are garages all  over the world where  DSs,SMs,2CV,, Gordinis,Alpines et
al live in happiness and contentment  with MGs. Who says mixed marriages
don't work?