Re: this french thing

To: PHILIPPE TUSLER <TUSLER@mp050.mv.unisys.com>
Subject: Re: this french thing
From: Geoff Love <engconn@infi.net>
Date: Mon, 03 Mar 1997 18:12:39 -0500
PHILIPPE TUSLER wrote:

> Interesting french cars : The Facel Vega, The Hispano Suiza, Delage,
> Delahaye, the Citroen traction.
> And as far as the French go, I am a spouse to one, and son to another!
> ...and if anyone is interested, my dad is selling a Citroen DS21 Pallas
> 1972 (?) with a perfect body (Calif. car all its life) and good mechanicals.
>
> >>SNIP>>>

Wonderful car.  Carefully developed over many years into an excellent
vehicle.  You had to use Michelin XAS tyres on it (asymetrical tread).
Had a friend who did 120,000 miles on the same set of Michelins the car
came with. Saw one at Pas de Calais once being loaded onto a ferry for
merry old.  They got it up about 30 feet in a four wheel sling thing,
then dropped it.  There was a tremendous f*rting sound from the
pneumatic suspension and the car was a lot lower then than previously.
(Of course, it was designed to move up and down according to the road
conditions.  I could cetainly use one here in Pa.) I learned a lot of
useful French words that day.

Geoff Love, The English Connection.