Re: Regarding Weber Fuel Economy

To: milkm@mail.vt.edu, craigw@sonic.net
Subject: Re: Regarding Weber Fuel Economy
From: RJohn50603@aol.com
Date: Sun, 9 Mar 1997 05:00:01 -0500 (EST)
In a message dated 97-03-08 18:49:27 EST, milkm@mail.vt.edu writes:

<< I've had very similar problems as you with my Weber 32/36
 DGV---poor fuel economy and lack of get-up-and-go.  Why---I have no
 idea--I've spent countless hours of tuning and talking to Weber
 owners and have had no success.  Right now I'm getting ready to put
 my SU HIF4's back on as well.  >>

To all:

I'm interested to see the Weber "backlash" lately. I've had my '73 MG daily
driver for nearly ten years now and kept the HIF4's on it. I did have to
rebuild them and also had a leaking float once too, however, in all of those
miles I'm glad I kept them. Don't ask me my mileage, I've never checked it.

They also seem to impress those who look into my engine bay and see those two
strange looking pieces of plumbing. I have chrome air cleaners and also
polished the piston "jugs". Seems to add to the British car mystique.

Hopefully, the new "gasoline" won't dissolve them. I think we're getting that
stuff here in Dallas now.

R. Johnson - Dallas

'90 Maine Coon
'79 Midget