Re: What does MG stand for ? -Reply

To: Rodney McDonald <rmcd@marspec.com>, Dan Hughes <Dan_Hughes@troweprice.com>
Subject: Re: What does MG stand for ? -Reply
From: Leckstein <bleckstein@monmouth.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 1997 03:32:48 -0500
At 02:41 PM 3/13/97 -0600, Rodney McDonald wrote:
>At 09:36 AM 3/13/97 -0500, you wrote:
>>Now explain MOWOG.

>>Sven,
>>  MG does stand for Morris Garage.
>>  Welcome to the world-wide MG list.
>>  We are GLAD you're here!
>>
>>God Bless,
>>-Vince
>>'78 Midget "Betsy"
>>San Antonio, Texas
>>

>>       HEY! I'm amazed that I actually know an answer to a question posed
>to the group. I've been told that MOWOG was a loose acronym for the old
>Nuffield line.... MOrris, WOseley, mG. If not, please straighten me out.
>
>Rodney McDonald
>Spanish Fort, AL
>'76 'B 393703
>Rodney McDonald
>Spanish Fort, Al
>'76 MGB Roadster 393703

I shutter that Terry would answer first. . When Abbott and Costello heard
the words "Niagra Falls" the wild character in the movie would say"slowly I
turned..step by step.. closer..and closer.". and then beat the hell out of
Costello. In other words you are right, but MOWOG is something to avoid
saying , on this list, as it is the most repeated thread.

Mike