Re: Missouri Endurance Rally (WARNING: THIS MAY NOT BE SERIOUS)

To: larry.g.unger@lmco.com
Subject: Re: Missouri Endurance Rally (WARNING: THIS MAY NOT BE SERIOUS)
From: barneymg@juno.com (Barney Gaylord)
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 1997 01:59:23 EST
On Mon, 17 Mar 1997 16:02:21 +0000 Robert Allen <boballen@sky.net>
writes:
>Barney Gaylord wrote:
>> On Mon, 17 Mar 1997 11:49:24 -0500 <larry.g.unger@lmco.com> writes:
>> >Just remember that Bob Allen referred to the 'A' as a "Performance
Bimbo" ... "a slimy-skinned aquatic mammal that is out of place on dry
land" ... so I'm counting on ya to kick some serious butt ... ;^)

>> Yeah, I got that quote the first time around.  But I have to overlook
it here, as an endurance rally is more of a navigational thing, having
less to do with the type of car.  OTOH, if I could just sucker him into
an autocross ..........

>Whoa there, you low-wattage, vaccum filled, glass-bubbled, poorly
grounded, artificial illumination Lucas electircal device!

>I was merely being agreeable with other members of the list! In my
defense, please see the complete text as carefully retrieved from my
archive!

>You will find it immediately following the Standard Disclaimer, enclosed
below, which provides gentle suggestions to the literate reader.

>Now, as for me, I can't imagine why that Limey Smith fellow would make
such a viscious and callus attack on the sacred 'A'. That car is really,
really, purty. Slow as a turtle's talliwacker but gall' durn purty!
>*** STANDARD DISCLAIMER

Yeah Larry.  Bob's right.  It was just a quote, not his own words.  (But
he may be pulling a Rush Limbaugh thing on us).  At any rate, he
shouldn't be the one to get steamed.  He who posts the standard
disclaimer at the end of a message should certainly understand that the
same disclaimer applies to the response as well.

Of course he's still making blatent remarks about MGAs being slow.
Didn't say anything about that autocross thing though, did he?

Now if I can just figure out which one of us he has so eloquently called
a DIMBULB?

Later,
Barney