The low down on some cars

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: The low down on some cars
From: Mark Sherman <MARKSHERMAN@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 1997 22:30:12 -0800
John Kahoon wrote:

 OK, here's one for you guy's to indentify. The folks next door had some
fellow stop buy with a car for them to test drive. ( probably saw me
having too much fun in the 65 midget, and liked the idea ) It looked
like an 80's car, but with a lot of MG-T type style to it.

John:

Panther was a British company that was taken over by a Korean concern in the
early 80's.
They made several "looks like" cars that resembled classic British roadsters.
You
probably saw the most common one which I believe was the "Kallista."  It had
TD-like
look of vintage external fenders but the similarity ended there.  I think it
actually
used an MG(B?) windshield.  They were made in Korea and had Ford (Capri?) V6
engines
installed in England.  Not my cup of tea.

Mark Sherman