Re: clutch replacement

To: A.Rayner@mailbox.uq.edu.au, mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: clutch replacement
From: Rlbbs@aol.com
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 1997 16:24:00 -0500 (EST)
Tony, I would recommend that you replace the throwout bearing when you
replace the clutch and pressure plate.  The bearing is only a piece of carbon
and does wear as quickly as the clutch.  As to turning the flywheel, you will
need to check it before you can make a decision but if you've gone to this
much trouble, I would go ahead and have it machined.  In fact, when I did all
this on a recent engine rebuild, I did not have the flywheel lightened but
now I wish I had for a quicker reving engine.  You do lose some of the low
end flexability of the B engine but the rpms build much more
quickly...impresses us motorheads!  Your choice.

Bob Stafford
79 MGB