Re: Smogging the B

To: "W. J. Richard Criswell" <damitdick@juno.com>
Subject: Re: Smogging the B
From: Nolan Penney <npenney@erols.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 1997 09:25:56 -0800
>My '80 MGB-LE has not turned a wheel in nearly two years simply because
>I cannot get it passed the "It's not visually Stock" attitude. I wanted
>to use the "CA Legal" weber set up with an extractor exhaust! This setup
>was/is legal through '74. I was even willing to use a cat converter in
>the exhaust down stream of the Header but NOT ONLY NO, BUT HELL NO! So
>the car sits!

Well DUHH!!!  Your car is an 80, that's six years after 74 standards.
Cripes, by that logic I shouldn't have to have headlights on the TF since
they weren't required back in the 20's.

Come on, crying because you can't pass visual for some other era car is a
seriously childish ploy.  One the inspectors really aren't going to have
any sympathy for.  Nor would most other people for that matter.

>And if you think that's bad. What do you think is going to happen when
>my newly acquired Factory Clone of a MGB-GT V8 crosses the state line?

Since you seem to be the type that likes to beat your head against walls,
you'll have a hell of a time and never get the car on the road.  I, on
the other hand, would drop the stock four in their, let it pass, and then
swap it back.