Re: Smogging the B -Reply

To: Kenneth Scott <KSCOTT@holycross.edu>
Subject: Re: Smogging the B -Reply
From: Carol <car@texas.net>
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 1997 14:21:44 -0600
At 09:48 AM 3/27/97 -0500, Kenneth Scott wrote:
>The basic frustration is with the attitude "I don't care whether it makes
>emissions specs or not, it ain't stock so it don't pass".  This is blatant
>stupidity.  If certain emission limits are set and my car passes these it
>should not matter what is under the hood.  This is called being
>reasonable and logical.  We are dealing with government here and
>government is not known for being reasonable or logical.
>Just my $0.02
>Kenneth A. Scott       KScott@HolyCross.edu

I think it boils down to politicians 'trying' to write legislation about
vehicles when many of them probably have a difficult time putting gas into
their own cars. I venture to say that most legislators don't know or care
how an engine actually works, or what causes emissions and what doesn't.

My take: an engineer or a mechanic should write the wording in the law.

But, then, that idea may be too obvious!! ;-)

Carol