Re: Cruise Control

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Cruise Control
From: Aron Travis <atravis@spacey.net>
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 1997 19:42:11 -0700
doug russell wrote:

> I'm pondering this thread and am wondering to myself
> Is it me or do others think CC is antithetical to the reason we drive an lbc??

Gosh, not to me! All is a matter of opinion of course, but I support
anything that will help you to drive your lbc. So acceptable mods. to me
would include radial tires, modern radio, cruise control, halogen lights,
seat belts, modern ignition stuff, better filters, better wiring,
converting 6v. to 12v., modern paint, metalic brake pads/shoes, etc.

I don't accept fender flairs, huge wheels, non origional type motors,
etc.

I think one of the biggest problems with the classic car hobby is that
you rarely see these cars being driven. Many times I go a week or more
being the only classic car on the road. If any modern improvements
incourage one to drive more, go for it.

The friend of mine that just put in the aftermarket cruise also gained
4mpg on his 350cid classic/rod truck. That's the biggest arguement for CC
for me.

-Aron Travis-
"always in a automotive frenzy"