Re: Cruise Control

To: dr-doug@msn.com, mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Cruise Control
From: DANMAS@aol.com
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 1997 22:24:23 -0400 (EDT)
In a message dated 97-04-22, Dr. Doug wrote:

<< I'm pondering this thread and am wondering to myself ...<this is me
wondering>
 Is it me or do others think CC is antithetical to the reason we drive an
lbc??  >>

Only if you never drive them any distance! On local roads, they are not
needed, but if you drive them long distance, like I do, You are forced to
spend time on the interstates. That by itself is boring, but a cruise control
would certainly be handy!

Notice I said "would", as I don't have one on either of my cars. As much as
they would help on long drives, I can't bring myself to put one on. It seems
unethical, somehow (and I am certainly not a purist!). If I could put one on
so it could not be seen, I might do it.

Dan Masters,
Alcoa, TN