RE: Cruise Control

To: doug russell <dr-doug@msn.com>
Subject: RE: Cruise Control
From: EMILY COWEN <ecowen@cln.etc.bc.ca>
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 1997 02:48:56 -0700 (PDT)
Hi Doug Russell!!

On Tue, 22 Apr 1997, doug russell wrote:

> BTW, old Rover 4x4s use to have CC - it was a throttle (much like a manual
> choke) that one would pull out to adjust the speed - with some practice one

Hmmm, somewhere buried deep in the bottom of my fuzzy memories is this
useless fact that pops to the surface (triggered by the "Rover 4x4"):

In the old days, when one had a mechanical winch driven from a pto, you
were supplied with a hand throttle for the engine.  There was also a
carry-over to the electrical winches before the advent of alternators.

The hand throttle could, of course, be used as a form of cruise control

TTUL8r, Kirk Cowen   who had a CHOCLATE doughnut and can't sleep, or
                     spell, tonight.