RE: Cruise Control

To: DANMAS@aol.com, DANMAS@aol.com, "doug russell" <dr-doug@msn.com>,
Subject: RE: Cruise Control
From: "doug russell" <dr-doug@msn.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 97 12:38:38 UT
This, to me, is part of the point - I think traveling on the interstate in the
family wagon or minivan is certainly boring - adding CC to the mix makes it
even more boring (albeit, perhaps more comfortable).  I think traveling in a
lbc on an interstate (or anywhere else) is not boring so why would I want to
put in CC to make it more boring??  Ya see, there's a fundamental logic flaw
here that says installing CC just does not add up (for me anyway)!!!  And,
it's not a lack of long distance driving that leads me to conclude this.  I
use to commute 75 Miles (one way) every day, on interstates, in a lbc and each
weekend drive between Long Island and Baltimore - or - Baltimore and PA.   Oh,
and let's not forget the occasional trip to NC.  I never once thought of CC!!
- (perhaps I'm just not that bright)

Now, consider that you have a MGC.  It's summertime and you are driving your C
over a long distance.  You realize after an hour or so, with you foot
continuously on the gas pedal, that your high quality right K-Mart shoe has
just melted (or for those of you with better quality shoes - realize that your
right foot is getting blisters from the heat).  Now, this, to me, is a reason
to get CC - keeps the right foot out of that hot spot and for the weak footed,
this may be a necessity.  The rest of you have no excuses!!!

Now, can anyone offer an opinion on whether I should use copper or PVC tubing
for the boot Jacuzzi I'm installing in my 69???

Dr. Doug
69 C Rdst (gotta full tank and water cooled shoes - where to??)
69 C GT (like a CA car - looks good but doesn't really do anything)
69 B Rdst (ugly but fun)
71 B GT (could be your little piece of O/D heaven during this lifetime!)