RE: Rebuilding Hydraulics

To: "british-cars@autox.team.net" <british-cars@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: Rebuilding Hydraulics
From: patti morris <mgj2@globaldialog.com>
Date: Sat, 26 Apr 1997 14:53:54 -0500
Hi Phil,

I use clean brake fluid to "lube" the seals that go inside the master, =
wheel, and clutch slave cylinders when reassembling. I don't do anything =
to the external rubber parts. I did have a problem once using a grease =
that came with the rebuild kit for an AH 100-Six. I rebuilt the hydrulic =
systems early in the project. The car sat about 3 years and the grease =
hardened into little crystals. Had to re-do that part of the project. =
Maybe I just didn't put the grease in the right place?

By the way, I've gotten just the rubber cup part for the MGA wheel =
cylinders at NAPA. You take the old seal down or measure the cylinder =
bore.

Have fun and keep the fluid off your paint.

John