Re: Hard Top?

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Hard Top?
From: Craig Wiper <craigw@sonic.net>
Date: Sat, 26 Apr 1997 23:57:21 -0700
At 02:22 AM 4/26/97 -0700, you wrote:

>> I'd like to hear from those of you that have hardtops.  Are you glad you
>> have them?  What should I look for in a top?  How much should I expect to
>> pay?  What brands are good?  Bad?  Do they seal well?  Are they a big

I have an Mg factory hardtop for my early '74 B. I use it in the wintertime
when top-down won't be happening for awile. I do enjoy the hardtop. Makes
the car seem like a different car. Gives it a different personality. I
bought mine for $50.00 from someone who had one sitting around collecting
dust and no car for it. I did have to go through it, fix the wings and
repaint it. My softtop seals better than the hardtop. I do not drive my car
in the rain if I can help it, so I don't worry about the sealing to much. I
drive with the windows open most of the time the hardtop is on.

Craig Wiper
craigw@sonic.net
http://www.sonic.net/~craigw