Re: Replacement fuel pump

To: rmcd@marspec.com
Subject: Re: Replacement fuel pump
From: barneymg@juno.com (Barney Gaylord)
Date: Thu, 15 May 1997 21:59:55 EDT
On Thu, 15 May 1997 08:15:18 -0500 Rodney McDonald <rmcd@marspec.com>
writes:

>>> ..... SU's are rated for a 1.5-3.5 psi pump, anything more blows past
the float needles and floods over. .....

>>. .....  has anyone actually experienced carburetor overflow caused by
these pressures

> ..... Well, not me personally but my brother's '76 'B had an
aftermarket (who knows what kind) pump that put out 7.5 PSI to his HIF-4s
and he had a world of trouble with rich running, but not overflow... that
I know of.

Uh, just a thought.  SU's do have adjustments for float level and fuel
mixture.

Barney Gaylord
1958 MGA