Re: Replacement fuel pump

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Replacement fuel pump
From: "Roger Garnett" <rwg1@cornell.edu>
Date: Thu, 15 May 1997 02:08:25 -500
On 14 May 97 at 13:13, Barney Gaylord wrote:

> Several people have been asking about my cute little GM fuel pump, so
> here's the scoop.
>
> NAPA part number P74029.
> 3.8-5.7 psi.
> It is solid state. I have one in service now for 8 years and 75,000 miles,
> no problems, I expect it to last forever.

Hmm, unless you have added a pressure regulator as well, you are lucky. SU's
are rated for a 1.5-3.5 psi pump, anything more blows past the float needles
and floods over. 3.8-5.7 psi is for American style carbs, but most pumps are
available in both ranges. An ever popular & reliable brand is Facet. I still
like SU's tic, tic, tic...

 Roger Garnett  (Roger-Garnett@cornell.edu)  http://www.wayward.team.net/
                  "The Wayward Sports Car Centre"
      "All donations of stray, orphaned, odd, neglected, etc.
       sports cars and bits in need of a good home accepted."
        "The drop off bin is right there- behind the barn..."