Re: LBC week, leaf springs

To: Larry Dickstein <bugide@juno.com>
Subject: Re: LBC week, leaf springs
From: Gary Burrell <garyb@pentek.com>
Date: Fri, 16 May 1997 09:09:42 -0400
Larry Dickstein wrote:

> David-
>         When you said you were going to replace your leaf springs "soon",
> back up about a week.  Get a can of WD40, or other suitable penetrating
> spray and spray the bejesus out of all the nuts, bushings, and anything
> else threaded back there.  Do this two or three times before the actual
> removal day and you will be glad you did.  By saving all that time, you
> can take Michelle out to dinner.
>
> Larry Dickstein
> bugide@juno.com

Dave,

I agree with Larry above.  One other thing you might want to consider is
using nylatron bushings on the shackle.  You can also use them on the
pads,
depending on how much you want to trade performance for comfort.  The
Nylatron bushings have little/no give so they locate the spings better
and don't allow any side to side movement.  When I did my car I went
with
uprated lowered springs front and rear with nylatron bushings all around
and the difference in handling was fantastic, however some people say
doing this causes a harsher ride, but I haven't noticed (It not like an
MGB has a land yacht type ride in the first place.)
As with all thing YMMV.  Good luck

Gary
--
Gary Burrell