Re: V8 A-Arm Bushings

To: dmeadow@juno.com
Subject: Re: V8 A-Arm Bushings
From: bugide@juno.com (Larry Dickstein)
Date: Fri, 16 May 1997 22:13:18 EDT
        I am a part time authority on bushings.   The nylatron, or other
such named stuff, is a hard plastic type of thing w/ very little "give".
It's harder than rubber and will produce a really tough ride.  The V8
bushings are steel w/ a rubber insert  that will produce a sturdy ride
but not an unbearable one.  The best compromise for most of the "to the
root beer stand and back" folk is the nylatron bushings w/ a much less
active tubular shock.  You folks who go for these bushings and buy the
90w oil for your Armstrong lever arm shocks will find that your beer will
be in your lap a lot faster than in your mouth.  In fairness, the
handling will be much better.  Whether it will be worth it, will remain
to be seen.

Larry Dickstein
bugide@juno.com