rheostat--help!

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: rheostat--help!
From: Jason_Wood@inc.com
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 97 16:51:58 EST

     Questions regarding the Panel Rheostat,or dashboard light dimmer
     switch.

     1) How do you get it off the dashboard?

     2) If I have pulled the knob off (shaft and all) have I broken it?

     3) How does this thing work (where does the juice go in? where does it
     go out? What happens to it while it is in there?)?

     4) Why is it so expensive to replace?

     5) Can I go without it for now and still have headlights and dashboard
     lights?

     Any help at all will be greatly appreciated.

     Thanks in advance,

     Jason Wood

     77 B