Re: MG gas mileage

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: MG gas mileage
From: rdonahue@holli.com (Robert J. Donahue)
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 1997 22:48:35 -0600 (MDT)

>> > SU's are wonderful devices but they are not the world's best fuel mixers.
>> > One of the reasons that our LBC's run such terrible mileage
>>
>> "Terrible mileage"?  Are any of us getting "terrible mileage"?  I get
>> between 25 and 28 mpg (US) from a 1/3 city - 2/3 freeway driving style.
>> I don't consider this "terrible".

Yes, I agree this is not "terrible" mileage. In fact when these cars were
new 25 mpg was fantastic mileage. The Volkswagen Beetle got 25 mpg and
bragged about it. I think the people on this list who have gone to the
trouble and expense of restoring their MGs, probably don't care what
mileage they get.

Bob Donahue, Still Stuck in the '50s
rdonahue@holli.com
53 MG-TD #17639 under DIY restoration, NEMGTR #11470
71 MGB still in shop, 17 months and counting