Re: Cracked Exhaust Manifold 1975 Midget

To: David Deutsch <drded@ix.netcom.com>
Subject: Re: Cracked Exhaust Manifold 1975 Midget
From: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 1997 23:12:42 -0400
David Deutsch wrote:

> Mr Allen is 100% correct. Your best bet is replacement with original
> cast iron. I can not believe there is not a loose one flooding around
> on this list some where.

  Just a note that the original message was about Midgets, not
Bs. It might follow that the cast iron Midget 1500 manifold is
similar to the B one, in that it flows well and dissipates heat
well, so for performance it might be fine.

  But they were a known flaw, and uncracked examples are
the preverbial hen's teeth. Hard to find, and expensive
when found.

  It would also bother me to pay for one only to have it
crack like the others anyways. Of all the manifolds I
have seen they've all been cracked if you look hard
enough. Even the one on my car is cracked, it's just
not a big one. ;>

--
Trevor Boicey
Ottawa, Canada