Re: Cracked Exhaust Manifold 1975 Midget

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Cracked Exhaust Manifold 1975 Midget
From: David Councill <dcouncil@inetco.net>
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 1997 18:40:27 -0600

>>A new cast iron manifold can be a good value.
>>
>>--
>>Bob Allen, Kansas City, '69CGT, '75TR6, '61Elva(?)
>>"Never use a big word when a dimunitive one will do."

I would have to agree with Bob on this one. About ten years ago, I decided
to replace the manifold on my 71BGT with headers, for performance purposes.

Granted, I ordered a cheap header from J.C.Whitneys. But when it arrived,
it was obvious that the stock exhaust manifold was far superior. The
headers did not look like they would have offered much more air flow. The
material was less durable, the seal against the head would have been
suspect, and some modifications would have been needed.

I sent the header back and have never thought about headers again (except
on my Toyota Landcruiser, but thats another story).

David

David Councill
dcouncil@imt.net
dcouncil@inetco.net