Re: Smoking Brakes

To: AdrianJones@compuserve.com
Subject: Re: Smoking Brakes
From: todd@nutria.nrlssc.navy.mil (Todd Mullins)
Date: Mon, 7 Jul 1997 10:15:10 -0500 (CDT)
Adrian Jones writes:

> [ ... ]  So it looks like the brakes were not releasing [ ... ]

> [ ... ]  Anyway, yesterday I had put in a rebuilt brake master cylinder,
> adjusted the back brakes to take up slack and also took some slack out
> of the pedal movement by adjusting the "stoplight switch locking nut"
> [ ... ]

I'd have another look at that stoplight switch adjustment if I were you.
Adjust it too tight, and the MC pushrod can't return enough to let the
pressure out of the lines.

--

Todd Mullins
Todd.Mullins@nrlssc.navy.mil    On the lovely Mississippi (USA) Coast

'74 MGB Tourer with newly adjusted rear brakes - nice firm pedal!

Atheist #685                    "Whatever, baby."