Gas Leak...Yikes!!

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Gas Leak...Yikes!!
From: "David Stecher" <DavidAndMichelleS@msn.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 97 22:05:08 UT
OK,

Yes I have a gas leak.  It is in the back of my 73 BGT.  I filled up today and
the fumes were very bad.  got home and looked by spare tire and there is a
little puddle by the filler tube and in right fender.  My questions are:

1)  does the vapor canister in right rear fender supposed to have any charcoal
in it like the one in front?  When I knock on it it sounds empty.

2)  How difficult is it to change out the gas tank?  I just changed leaf
springs so is it much harder than that?

Any other help or suggestions will be appreciated

Thanks
David Stecher
73 BGT "Fergie"