Re: Spridget speed

To: "Editors, Molecular Vision" <jboatri@emory.edu>
Subject: Re: Spridget speed
From: Dick Watson <dwatson@feist.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 1997 00:12:24 -0500
Editors, Molecular Vision wrote:

> Hello List!
>
> How fast do you drive your Spridget on the highway? Mine seems pretty
> wrapped out at 55. Can the drvetrain take higher speeds for hours on end?
> What are your experiences?
>
> TIA,

> Jeff Boatright                '65 Sprite Mk III (funfunfun)
> Editor-in-Chief, Mol. Vis.    '47 Cessna 140 (in pieces)
> http://www.emory.edu/molvis   '87 Horizon (full cab pick-up)
> http://userwww.service.emory.edu/~jboatri/sprite/sprite.html

Jeff:

I have a 1968 Midget that I didn't feel comfortable going over about 55
mph in because of the vibrations. Then I bought a 78 Midget that had
been completely restored (except for the engine) and have taken two
trips to shows (400 and 500 miles round trip) and I drove 65-75 mph on
each trip with no problems.

After that, I decided to start rebuilding the front end on my '68 to
make me feel more secure.

Dick Watson
'68 & '78 Midgets