Re: Spridget speed

To: "Editors, Molecular Vision" <jboatri@emory.edu>, <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Spridget speed
From: "Mike Ellsworth" <mikeells@alpha.shianet.org>
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 1997 15:11:59 -0400
TIA

I have a 71 Midget, and try not to exceed 4000 RPMs for any extended
period. With my particular car-tire combination, this works out to about
63-65 MPH. It will go faster, but in the interest of engine longevity, I
try to not push it too hard. My engine is stock, without no-lead valve
seats, and this seems like the best compromise between speed, comfort, and
low maintainence. If higher highway speeds are desired, I think this would
be a good case for a 5-speed conversion.