Re: CD player (was Questions

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: CD player (was Questions
From: Glenn Schnittke <schnittke@mindspring.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 1997 19:48:12 -0500
Mike wrote:

>Admittedly, I like my music LOUD.  I have worked for professional
>musicians and in the theater for years and cannot stand a lousy
>stereo.  That doesn't mean that everyone feels me coming.  It only
>means that I can hear every note with some degree of clarity, even
>when traveling 60mph.  Having a stereo is not limited to bone
>crunching bass and ear-bleeding treble.  I just like my music clear.
>MGs happen to be, what I thought was pretty ideal.  Ok, the
>convertible aspect doesn't make it ideal, but there are plenty of
>good, unobtrusive places to put in speakers.  It's like this:  I like
>hearing the car run as much as I like to hear music.  If it doesn't
>sound good, then I try to fix it, especially when the noise is paired
>with black smoke!
>                                                    ~Mike Lishego

I *WAS* a professional musician for 25 years and then I took up theater
work and I'm quite happy with the B(PS)L standard monaural AM-FM radio I've
got. I can listen to the daily leftist-news-media on the way to and from
work and hear just enough of the music I might hear to drown out the worst
of the car noises. That keeps me under the impression that the engine still
runs well enough so I don't REALLY have to rebuild it next year...

But as a recovering musician, I must say that the only use I had for a
sound system in my house was to learn parts. All I needed at home was the
click click of a metronome. Now I have the click click of a bad wrist-pin
to replace it. Maybe I just need more recovery time...

Glenn Schnittke
No one in Tuna knows what I do for a livivng.

Glenn Schnittke                    I'm cured. Leave me alone.
Nashville TN                       615-385-2800
schnittke@mindspring.com